Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday Slow Down

I think the last 3 weeks are finally catching up to me. A lot has happened and changed since June 1 and now that I am in the final stages of a job offer, I feel I can look back and reflect on what has happened. I am not necessarily happy I was re-orged, but it was possibly the best thing that could have happened right now. Complacency had set in and although I knew I hit a plateau I was rationalizing why I was staying put (tuition reimbursement, allow time to take vacations, wasn't fully vested in my 401 (k), had to pay back reimbursement if I left, etc.). Self rationalization is a bad thing!!! I now realize if I had put out feelers before, I might have actually been able to move on sooner. But, I never second guess my choices. Where I am now is where I am supposed to be. I also have the confidence to say "this is the job I want and the salary I want" and they say, sure!!! That potential Master's degree is very powerful :-). This is the first time I get to test that out. Now if I can only find my future husband, I'd be somewhat set. :-). I don't want to get married right away, but really, someone to take care of me so I don't have to hobble around the apartment would be nice :-). (Although the foot is starting to feel a lot better now I that I am not trotting all over Paris!).

Well, off I go. This weekend will be very low key, I hope. After 3 weeks of instability, I need some time to regroup and actually clean my apartment!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments: