We are coming to the end of our Sixth full day in Paris. Today, we visited Versailles. It was fabulous. The tour was pretty good, although I wanted to see more of the palace. A lot of it is actually under construction. I have some great pictures. Before the tour left, Jen and I headed to the area where we needed to meet the bus. Since we arrived early, we sat at a cafe for lunch. We ended up ordering Champagne and some great salads. We also got in a lot of shopping!!!! One store, we had a blast in. Cute scarves and purses. The lady was more than nice to us and we ended up staying there for awhile. I got some great things, not only for myself but for gifts as well.
This morning at breakfast, we quickly discovered why the French think Americans are rude. A lady and her daughter came down to breakfast and were very loud and obnoxious. At the hotel, you serve yourself and get your own utensils. The lady brings the coffee, but that is it. The girl was whining because she wanted a spoon and nobody was bringing her one. This girl is old enough to get her own freakin spoon. If that was me, my parents would have pretty much told me to get it myself or starve. Even I, limp girl, get my own spoon! The mother was also rude and obnoxious and both Jen and I were embarrassed for her. Everybody we have met has been nothing but nice to us. And if they appeared rude, I figured it was really indifference, not really rude. But off my soap box. My impression of the French (and the Londoners) is good and very pleasant.
My foot is doing much better. I only limp when I have been sitting down for awhile. Legs are not dying anymore and my hives are gone (yes, I had the hives!!!). I am now sunburned, but still doesn't matter. The weather has been perfect.
Yesterday, Jen and I witnessed a protest. We didn't know what they were protesting at the time, but turns out they were a part of the union and they were protesting low wages and unemployment. Thought of joining them :-). Once that was over, one of the union guys sat near our table at the cafe and started hitting on me. I had no idea what he was saying to me, but trust me, he was definitely trying to flirt. Now, people really should not be worried about me running off with a French man. I can't really understand American men. Add in the language barrier, I would go crazy!!! Now, if he knows English, that is a different story :-).
Well, I left Jen at the hotel. She is now having feet problems (blisters) so she will blog later if you want to check that out when she does. We are having dinner at the Hard Rock tonight (don't worry, we really have had French food!). Not sure after that. Depends on Jen's foot, I guess. It doesn't get dark until 10ish here so we have plenty of light.
No comments:
Post a Comment