Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote!

You are going to read it everywhere, so no big long speech about it. I just voted and it feels pretty dang awesome. I swear, there is something about putting that ballot in the machine. I was going to do it this morning and the line was super long. Now, I don't mind the lines for voting, but I would have been waiting outside, in heals, and really, this is no time to be a martyr. I knew I could get off early, go back home, change into sweats for the wait. I had no wait, 5 minutes, in and out. I can guess though that the line will get longer as people get off work. But who cares. This is our right and responsibility as an American Citizen. This is our voice. I just heard that 537 votes decided the election in 2000. So, if you don't think your vote counts, you are wrong. (Did I say at the beginning I wasn't going to do a speech? well, I said long speech, so.... :)).

Have a great day!

No comments: